Friday, January 8, 2010

BCS Exhibition Game

Congratulations are order to the Alabama Crimson Tide for their big win in the BCS exhibition game. Yeah that's right, it's an exhibition game as far as I'm concerned. Here's a newsflash...I hate the BCS. There's no legitimacy or true champion in college football until the sport moves to a playoff.

Think about it. Every sport in every single level of competition determines its champion by way of a playoff system. High school, every other college sport and pros. Even Division I-AA, Division II and III have a playoff tournament. Everyone except Division I college football.

Just think if the NFL went that direction. Instead of an exciting three weeks of playoff action, let's just have the NFL put the Colts and Saints in the Super Bowl. When was the last time the two top seeds in the NFL faced off the big game? Exactly, it doesn't happen often because when push comes to shove and the pressure is on against good teams, that's when you find out who the real teams are. That's why I only watched about a total of about three bowl games. Give me the NFL playoffs anytime. College football will never be that as long as the BCS and the greedy college representatives have their way.

But then again, who am I kidding? I'm sure everyone thoroughly enjoyed the Little Caesars Bowl.

No comments: